Description of Avira Antivirus Security
Your photos, contacts, emails and credit card numbers are on your phone. In this era of leaks, Avira Antivirus Security ensures that your phone’s contents (very personal data) stay secure. More than a free antivirus app for malware/spyware removal, our full-featured free mobile security app provides safe browsing and remote anti-theft features to track and find your lost/stolen smartphone or tablet.
DigitalTrends Review: “You can trust the free version of Avira to keep your Android smartphone or tablet safe. It has a light footprint in terms of performance and a sleek, minimalist design…” (Top 5 Android Security Apps, DigitalTrends.com)
AVIRA ANTIVIRUS SECURITY – MAIN FEATURES
• Shields your devices against spyware and malware
• Helps you find, track, and recover your lost or stolen phone
• Protects your personal and private data (photos, chats, emails, etc.) from breaches and theft
• Shows how each of your apps collects sensitive data
• Blocks unauthorized access to other apps installed on your device
• Designed to be light on system resources, to help save your battery power
ANTIVIRUS & PRIVACY PROTECTION
• Automatically scans apps and their updates for hidden malware
• Scans external storage units (e.g. SD memory cards)
• Shows how each app rates on a privacy scale according to how much data it collects
Avira Antivirus Security prevents ransomware from encrypting your phone and taking your data and apps hostage. Our technology blocks millions of ransomware attempts every month, averting damages of over €300 per attack.
ANTI-THEFT & RECOVERY TOOLS
• Triggers a loud siren to locate device (e.g. deep in the sofa cushions)
• Tracks phone location on a map (‘cell phone tracker’ in the USA, ‘mobile tracker’ elsewhere)
• Locks specified apps to prevent their unauthorized access
• Prompts the person who finds your phone to contact you
• Remotely locks or wipes the device memory to secure your privacy
IDENTITY SAFEGUARD & BLACKLIST
Concerned that your email may have been hacked or otherwise compromised? Identity Safeguard tells you if that’s the case.
• Checks if you or your contacts’ email addresses have been leaked in a 3rd party security breach
• Notifies your contacts if their email addresses have been compromised
• Lets you blacklist unwanted contact from particular numbers
WEB-BASED MANAGEMENT PORTAL
Web-based controls give you remote access to all your security settings and remote functions (e.g. siren, memory wipe, track location on map)
• Oversee multiple devices (cross-platform) through the web-based portal
English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese (simplified and traditional).
Android 4.0.3 – 7.1
Designed for use on most Android smartphones and tablets (including Samsung, Lenovo, Huawei, LG, Sony, TCL, Coolpad, ZTE, Acer, Asus, Toshiba).
NOTE: SMS message blocking functionality is unavailable for Android v4.4 “Kit-Kat” devices.
GET PRO! – PREMIUM VERSION (via in-app purchase)
Additional browser security – Blocks infected websites at the browser level and provides phishing protection
More-frequent updates – Ensures that your protection is always up-to-date against new ‘zero-day’ malware strains
Premium support – Avira’s team of security experts offer top-notch tech support
This app is included in the Avira Prime subscription service. For more on this, please visit www.avira.com